[News] Business Cases of Free Software and GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Business Cases of Free Software and GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 02:02:59 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

ING Life Adopts Open Source To Expand Business

,----[ Quote ]
| "When I first heard of the migration, I was very
| apprehensive. I thought the cultural shift would
| be very hard," says Venkat Reddy Peddolla, deputy
| manager, customer service, Secunderabad, ING
| Life. "My biggest fear was adapting to a whole
| new range of changes. My level of technical
| expertise isn't very high. Making adjustments to
| Linux was a big deal."
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/101609-ing-life-adopts-open-source.html

Asay and Tiemann, mano a mano.

,----[ Quote ]
| What Matt doesnât seem to get is that this split-
| personality marketing of âwe do all this open
| stuff, except for this scarce bit weâre charging
| you for!â is a prize example of a house divided
| unto itself. You canât sensibly talk about the
| benefits of open source without contradicting
| yourself completely when it comes to the paywall
| behind which your proprietary software sits:
| basically you have to fess up that the open
| source bits are the bait.
|
| What Michaelâs post illustrates nicely is not
| just a clarity of purpose, but a 100% commitment
| to what they tell their customers: no ifs, no
| buts, but a single compelling story. Customers
| understand the value they offer, and thatâs why
| they make money.
`----

http://www.alexhudson.com/blog/2009/10/15/asay-and-tiemann-mano-a-mano/

Recent:

Open source makes its way into educational institutions

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.siliconindia.com/shownews/Open_source_makes_its_way_into_educational_institutions-nid-50452.html