[News] Linux Critic Reviews Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10

  • Subject: [News] Linux Critic Reviews Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 06:46:19 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu 9.10 - Instant Karma, By Quaker

,----[ Quote ]
| Karmic Koala had noticeably improved boot
| times, and the new IM client seems useful. I
| was happy to report that the 64-bit flavor
| seems to be back to feature-parity with the
| 32-bit one. The Ubuntu One "cloud" thing
| really doesn't affect me much either way,
| but it's there for those who might use it.
|
| It's inevitable due to the timing of this
| release that 9.10 will get compared with
| Windows 7. I won't go into details but
| suffice to say I don't see Karmic Koala
| causing any grand upset of the established
| Windows userbase. Can it hold its own
| against Windows 7 in terms of stability,
| utility on older hardware, and included free
| software packages? Yes. Is it as shiny as 7?
| No.
|
| That being said, Ubuntu 9.10 is still a good
| example of a useful-to-everyone Linux
| distribution that I'd have no trouble giving
| away to less than computer savvy friends
| without much worry about midnight tech
| support calls.
`----

http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/ubuntu910.htm

Ubuntu 9.10: New Feature Roundup

,----[ Quote ]
| With Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) set to debut
| this week, hereâs a run down of all the new
| features and changes covered by WorksWithU
| in the last several months.
|
| As the final non-LTS release before Lucid
| Lynx in April, Karmic is heavy on new
| featuresâwhich are likely to be less
| pronounced in Ubuntu 10.04, where Canonical
| will concentrate on stability and performance.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2009/10/26/ubuntu-910-new-feature-roundup/

Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala : Whatâs New ?

http://linux.gauravlive.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-9-10-karmic-koala-whats-new/

Recent:

Ubuntu 9.10 Review; even better than before

,----[ Quote ]
| With the latest version, Ubuntu will give
| you integration with cloud computing and
| net-books. The ability to deploy
| applications in the cloud much easier than
| before is one of Canonicalâs goal for 9.10
| using Amazonâs EC2 platform. Canonical is
| also trying to beat the 25-second booting
| time when using Ubuntu 9.04 on net-books.
`----

http://www.softsailor.com/news/10275-ubuntu-9-10-review-even-better-than-before.html

A Guided Tour Of Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course this over-view is merely
| scratching the surface of all of the
| improvements, refinements and changes
| present in Ubuntu 9.10; a hell of a lot of
| work has gone on under the hood, too.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2009/10/ubuntu-910-review-karmic.html

What's New In Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala"

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.packtpub.com/article/what-is-new-in-ubuntu-9.10-karmic-koala