[News] A Lot of ODF-using Software Released, RedOffice Ported to GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] A Lot of ODF-using Software Released, RedOffice Ported to GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:37:36 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

AbiWord 2.8.0 Released, Loaded With New Features

http://ostatic.com/blog/abiword-2-8-0-released-loaded-with-new-features

AbiWord 2.8 Brings Notable Changes

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzY0Ng

Intel graphics and gaming, Abiword 2.8.0

http://blogs.gentoo.org/nightmorph/2009/10/27/intel-graphics-and-gaming-abiword-2-8

A sneak preview of new OpenOffice 3.2 part 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Finally, the release date for OOo 3.2 is
| expected to be on 14 December 2009. You can
| download the Development version from here.
| Remember, it is not the final version, so it
| might have some bugs. Help developers to
| kill them by reporting about them in
| OpenOffice.org's bugs system. Any comment is
| more than welcome.
`----

http://linuxcrunch.com/content/sneak-preview-new-openoffice-32-part-2

All Your Docs Belong to You: Google Docs Now Exportable

,----[ Quote ]
| With no fanfare or as much as an official
| announcement, Google has taken an important
| step in making users' Google Docs more open
| and portable.
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/all_your_docs_are_belong_to_you_google_docs_now_ex.php

An office suite for people :)

,----[ Quote ]
| The application, or should I say a set of
| applications, I got so fascinated with, is
| in a nutshell an OpenOffice derivative,
| created by a Chinese company responsible for
| RedFlag Linux distro. The application suite
| is called: RedOffice and you can get an
| experimental Linux version here:
| http://202.10.78.132/download/RO45StandardForLinuxPre.tar
| !!!Beware!!! the application is a
| beta, and is not really free (though I can't
| be too sure as I don't read Chinese).
`----

http://my.opera.com/it-s/blog/an-office-suite-for-people

Mac program claims support of ODF: