[News] Sub-notebooks with GNU/Linux Looking in Good Shape

  • Subject: [News] Sub-notebooks with GNU/Linux Looking in Good Shape
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 01:10:17 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Don't Count Linux Netbooks Out

,----[ Quote ]
| The announcement last week of a Linux-based
| smartbook from Lenovo was just one of several
| signs I'm seeing that Linux will maintain a
| foothold in emerging portable computing
| categories, including netbooks and
| smartbooks.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/dont-count-linux-netbooks-out

What Lies Ahead for Chrome OS?

,----[ Quote ]
| So rumor has it that Google's Chrome OS,
| which had been slated to arrive some time
| next year, is about to arrive as a beta
| release. As I pointed out this morning,
| netbooks based on it may help preserve open
| source influence on a hot hardware category,
| but is Chrome OS likely to be a smash hit?
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/what-lies-ahead-for-chrome-os

Recent:

OLPC switching to ARM, plans paper thin netbook

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/OLPC-175-and-3/?kc=rss