Re: Business as usual!

____/ High Plains Thumper on Sunday 29 Nov 2009 15:30 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Goblin on Sunday:

>>> I agree, this sounds like a flatty post.  I'm not quite sure how he
>>> believes Roy (or anyone has ruined COLA) but then its a claim of
>>> the desperate.  I wrote an article on the very subject a while ago:
>>>
>>> http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/ahhhhh-youre-killing-foss/
>>>
>>> Flatty must think very highly of Roy if he is suggesting Roy has
>>> the power to ruin COLA.
>>
>> Almost all my posts are about Linux and F/LOSS. The rest are about
>> barriers to Linux and F/LOSS, notably software patents,
>> Microsoft-funded (SCO) lawsuits against Linux and other forms of
>> aggression from a company that calls Linux "cancer".
>
> Actually, I thought SCO, remnant of Digital Research through Caldera,
> became a richman's revenge pawn as DRI was its only true competition in
> DOS days.
>
> [quote]
> In the Mopping Up phase, Evangelism's goal is to put the final
> nail into the competing technology's coffin, and bury it in the
> burning depths of the earth.
> [/quote]
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf
>
> Roy, since you are keeping up with Novell, here is something that may be
> of interest regarding Novell and one's disdain for it:
>
> Digital Research
> The Untold Story
> The Story Behind the Story
>
> http://www.ctyme.com/dri.htm

It seems like the type of thing more relevant to Groklaw. They probably have it already.

>> It's funny that the Microsoft AstroTurfers keep linking to a
>> Microsoft-funded "statistics" source that is totally proprietary
>> (secret, because it's bogus!).
>
> Protected by EULA.   :-)

They de-bumped Apple market share from 9% to 5% overnight. That was in September or August IIRC.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

A computer is like air conditioning: it becomes useless when you open windows.
                  				 ~Linus Torvalds
http://Schestowitz.com  | Mandriva Linux |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
         run-level 2  Nov 17 02:36