[News] Government in Australia Turns to State Police, Tories Let Corporations Run Politics

  • Subject: [News] Government in Australia Turns to State Police, Tories Let Corporations Run Politics
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 14:19:30 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Secret files on protesters given to desal consortium

,----[ Quote ]
| SECRET police files on people protesting
| against Victoria's $3.5 billion desalination
| project are being made available to the
| private consortium building the plant.
|
| Under a deal struck by the State Government
| in a bid to ensure the project is finished
| before Melbourne runs out of water, Victoria
| Police has agreed to hand over photos, video
| recordings and other police records to the
| international consortium AquaSure to help it
| ''manage'' protests and potential security
| threats.
`----

http://www.theage.com.au/national/secret-files-on-protesters-given-to-desal-consortium-20091204-kb29.html

Tory donors offered meetings with comms chiefs Steve
Hilton and Andy Coulson

,----[ Quote ]
| A leaked email details how the party has begun
| offering wealthy backers the chance to attend
| 'private presentations' in Conservative
| Campaign Headquarters (CCHQ) with key figures
| including director of communications Andy
| Coulson and director of strategy Steve Hilton.
`----

http://www.prweek.com/news/bulletin/UKDaily/article/971392/?DCMP=EMC-UKDaily

Recent:

EU, spying on you. The Full Monty