[News] Censorship in Canada, Kindle Accused Also

  • Subject: [News] Censorship in Canada, Kindle Accused Also
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 02:12:21 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Guest Blog By Carey Mercer: How The Vancouver Olympics Is Fucking Over
Your Favourite Artists, And Why You Should Care

,----[ Quote ]
| A couple of days ago Frog Eyes
| frontman/Swan Lake member Carey Mercer
| sent us a link to an article in the
| Edmonton Journal that discussed a clause
| in the contracts signed by performers at
| the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics that
| barred them from speaking negatively about
| the Games or the Olympic organizing
| committee.
`----

http://stereogum.com/archives/op-ed/guest_blog_by_carey_mercer_how_the_vancouver_olympics_103971.html

Kindle Fantasies Are Running Wild -- But, For Now, Amazon Is Losing Its Shirt

http://www.tbiresearch.com/e-readers-should-drive-profits-for-both-distributors-and-book-publishers-2009-11

Novelist And Poet Says Google Books And The Kindle Are 'Nazi' Technology

,----[ Quote ]
| Normally, I would just call Godwin's Law,
| and move on, but this is just beyond
| bizarre. Automatically assuming that all
| new high tech is a straight line from the
| Holocaust is just sickening and delusional
| beyond pretty much any level of standard
| luddism.

Microsoft Claims It Fixed Bing's Chinese Search 'Bug'

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Search-Engines/Microsoft-Claims-It-Fixed-Bings-Chinese-Search-Bug-350985/