[News] New Zealand Fights Back Against ACTA

acta.net.nz

,----[ Quote ]
| This purpose of this site is to provide
| information about the Anti-Counterfeiting
| Trade Agreement, and its potential impacts
| in New Zealand.
|
| ACTA is a 'plurilateral' treaty, currently
| being negotiated between the US, Canada,
| Japan, the European Union, South Korea,
| Mexico, Switzerland, Australia and New
| Zealand.
`----

http://acta.net.nz/

Secret copyright treaty meeting coming to New Zealand; activists get ready

,----[ Quote ]
| The opposition movement that formed in
| response to the "three strikes" rule is
| ready to take action on ACTA, to make sure
| that New Zealand's information policy is
| made democratically, and not through secret
| meetings in back rooms. They are organizing
| their response to the ACTA negotiations next
| April, and given their amazing mobilization
| against "three strikes" the last time
| around, I expect great things. If you're
| from .nz or live there now, tell your
| friends and loved ones about this: your
| family's ability to communicate, earn a
| living, get an education and participate in
| civil society could be jeapordized by the
| decisions the elite plan on making in your
| country.
|
| And hey, Mexico! There's an ACTA meeting
| headed your way in January. Got anything
| planned?
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/12/10/secret-copyright-tre-1.html

Is EU Parroting the ACTA Lie?

,----[ Quote ]
| I've written several times about the trick
| that ACTA uses to blur the distinction
| between large-scale, criminal
| counterfeiting, and domestic, personal
| copyright infringement. Sadly, the EU seems
| to be following the same script...
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/12/is-eu-parroting-acta-lie.html

Recent:

US studios want NZ copyright justice 'streamlined'

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/E18AA258E3989D99CC25760D006FD537