Re: [News] [Rival] Rumour: Microsoft Paid $500,000,000 for Verizon to Remove Google

____/ none of your buisiness on Sunday 20 Dec 2009 06:26 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Verizon snuffs Google for Microsoft search
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Verizon has unilaterally updated user Storm
>> | 2 BlackBerries and other smartphones so that
>> | their browser search boxes can only be used
>> | with Microsoft Bing.
>> |
>> | The move is part of the five-year search and
>> | advertising deal Verizon signed with
>> | Microsoft in January for a rumored $500m.
>> |
>> | [...]
>> |
>> | Naturally, such sites can still be queried
>> | via the browser proper. But countless users
>> | are up-in-arms over the switch. A discussion
>> | thread dedicated to the change at
>> | CrackBerry, a popular BlackBerry user site,
>> | is now 36 pages long.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/19/verizon_snuffs_google_for_bing/
>
> apparently, the Windows shills are on this forum, however, this shill is
> getting "toasted"
>
> Joelist is wrong........
>
> Quote: Originally Posted by Joelist
>  "All this "bing sucks" stuff is pretty funny. I have been using it pretty
> heavily and it is WAY better than Google. The search results are far more
> relevant to the search phrase and also better organized. Google gets more
> hits but a lot of them tend to be dreck."
>

> Well, let's put this to the test! I would like to know how big the sun is.
> So I will type the following query into Google and Bing: "How big is the
> sun"
>
>  Here are the results:
>  Google =
>  First 4 results tell you exactly how big the sun is. (I stopped after the
> fourth since I found my answer. My, how efficient that was!!!)
>
>  Bing =
>  *First result is a garden design business
>  *Second result is from Boston.com with photos of the sun (with no info on
> size)
>  *Third result is a blog about result #2
>  *Fourth result (my favorite) is gossip about the show 'Big Brother' next to
> some soft porn (WTF does that have to do with the sun???)
>  *Fifth result provides information on how the sun works, but still no
> information on size
>  *Sixth result is an environmental blog that is not about the sun
>  *Seventh result is a forum about the Red Sox acquiring a player from the
> Orioles
>  *Eighth result is a wikipedia article about the sun. Which finally tells me
> how big it is.
>
>  So please explain to me how bing is "WAY better than Google" and tell me
> again whose search results "tend to be dreck." I suppose if you are
> interested in the latest Hollywood gossip, or simply for finding porn, then
> Bing may be far superior. Otherwise, its not even in the same league as
> Google.
>
>  What's even funnier, is that there was a blog post about this in June:
>  Why Bing Sucks  Code Lemur!
>  And even after another six months, Bing still hasn't figured out how big
> [...]

Microsoft does not have much server capacity (Windows!) and not much data
to play with. At least with Microsoft out of the way we won't be hearing
Murdoch crock "They're stealing!!! Google are teh theives!!!!!!11"

The world ought to have had Yahoo! as Google's competition, not Ballmer (or
Bartzmer, who was installed to sell Yahoo! to Ballmer).

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Othello: http://othellomaster.com
 19:20:01 up 33 days, 16:43,  2 users,  load average: 0.43, 0.25, 0.30