[News] Red Hat to Report Results, Fedora Works Great

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat to Report Results, Fedora Works Great
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:59:54 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Week Ahead: Oil, Retail, Housing Ahead of Christmas

,----[ Quote ]
| Tech companies reporting next week include
| electronics-component maker Jabil Circuit
| (JBL) on Monday and memory-chip maker Micron
| Technology Inc. (MU) and open-software
| developer Red Hat Inc. (RHT), both Tuesday.
`----

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/week-ahead-oil-retail-housing-ahead-christmas/

Acer Adventure 6: Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| Smooth and easy. That's how Linux should be.
| My compliments to the UNetbootin author, and
| to the Fedora team, for a painless experience!
`----

http://www.goodbyemicrosoft.net/news.php?item.539.11

Fedora 13 all set for the Rocketry Artwork

,----[ Quote ]
| By now you would know that the next Fedora
| release, Fedora 13, will be named "Goddard",
| after the famous Rocket scientist Robert H
| Goddard. After deciding on the name, fedora
| contributors have started working on the
| designs, themes and other artwork for the
| next release. There are a few ideas in the
| air about Rocketry related artwork but they
| are also looking of other fedora users and
| enthusiasts to come up with their more
| innovative stuff.
`----

http://linuxers.org/article/fedora-13-all-set-rocketry-artwork

Recent:

Fedora 12

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora is a bleeding edge distro designed to
| include the latest and greatest âlibreâ
| software. The distro aims to âlead rather
| than to followâ.
|
| [...]
|
| Despite some of these issues, I have to say I
| really liked this release of Fedora.
| Stability improved in leaps and bounds as
| updates were put out, and the cutting edge
| nature of the distro means that all the
| latest software is available, unlike other
| distros.
`----

http://thelinuxblog.net/linux/fedora/fedora-12/

Managing virtual machines in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4

,----[ Quote ]
| Managing virtual machines (VMs) in Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux 5.4 with the VM management
| tools virt-manager and virsh makes it easier
| to get a handle on your Kernel-based Virtual
| Machine (KVM) environments.
`----

http://searchservervirtualization.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid94_gci1376675,00.html

Fedora 12 â A Visually-Pleasing, Highly-Configurable Linux Distro You Might Want To Try

,----[ Quote ]
| Although my experiences with Fedora over
| the years have been riddled with
| installation issues, humdrum looks, and a
| lack of tools and default software, I seem
| to be in the minority. What works really
| well for me, my work flow, and my hardware
| may not work that well for you â and vise
| versa. This is why a particular distro may
| receive a bad review from one writer and a
| glowing review from another. It all boils
| down to personal experience. Iâm reminded
| of this every time I try to use Fedora.
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fedora-12-a-visually-pleasing-highly-configurable-linux-distro-you-might-want-to-try/

Fedora 12: One Major Step in the Right Direction

,----[ Quote ]
| From spending a good week and a half with
| Fedora 12, I couldnât find anything broken or
| out of place. The entire experience feels
| polished and well thought out. As Iâve
| mentioned before in past articles it seems to
| me that every even-numbered Fedora release is
| exceptional, and given the quality of this
| latest release, Iâll have to say that the
| tradition still holds strong.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=1296

FEDORA 12 REVIEW

,----[ Quote ]
| With the release of fedora 12 ,we decided to
| give it a try with a 64 bit live cd on a
| Toshiba machine.There is no good difference in
| appearance with the older editions of fedora
| ,just some changes in Nautilus icons.What to
| say,they offer a clear and clean appearance.
`----

http://reviewglitz.com/2009/12/fedora-12-review/

5 Fun things in Fedora 12 (Video)

,----[ Quote ]
| I recently got a Kodak zi8 video recorder. It
| works great in Fedora 12 so I was inspired to
| create a 15-minute video highlighting five
| fun things in Fedora 12.
`----

http://mairin.wordpress.com/2009/11/30/5-fun-things-in-fedora-12-video/

Ubuntu User on Fedora 12: Using It and Liking It

,----[ Quote ]
| I find Fedora 12 fast and responsive. It
| loads quickly and after it is set up it
| seems stable. I can find most of the
| applications that I use and there are many
| online resources to assist me with setting
| up my system. So far, I have installed KDE 4
| and GNOME and like the look and feel of
| both. The community has been helpful but
| quite a bit smaller than what I am used to.
| I expect to write more about Fedora in the
| future.
`----

http://linuxcanuck.wordpress.com/2009/11/26/fedora-12-using-it-and-liking-it/

Distro Review: Fedora 12