[News] Free/Libre Applications as Appliances, as USB/VM

  • Subject: [News] Free/Libre Applications as Appliances, as USB/VM
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 00:41:25 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

PortableApps.com Unveils 1.0 Format for USB App Developers

,----[ Quote ]
| For John so loved us all that he gave his
| PortableApps Format 1.0 release to the world.
| Having put the finishing touches on a few
| remaining items that allow for many more
| programs to share in the portable glory. The
| 1.0 release is effectively an invitation for
| developers to tinker with creating portable
| applications with a friendly wrapper and
| installer.
`----

http://www.everythingusb.com/portableapps-format-18201.html

Software Appliances: Lean, Mean Deployment Machines

,----[ Quote ]
| To maximize their financial return and
| eliminate these installation and maintenance
| challenges, many ISVs are building appliances
| -- versions of their product, packaged with a
| just enough operating system (JeOS) required to
| perform the desired tasks.

Need Fast Web Access? Try Chromium OS on a Stick

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/184157/need_fast_web_access_try_chromium_os_on_a_stick.html