Re: [News] GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks Alive and Kicking (Especially Outside US)

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 31 Dec 2009 20:40 : \____

> Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 20:18:54 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>

>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>
>> Quietly behind the scenes, in dark corners out of earshot, that's how
>> Microsoft operates.
>>
>> Brilliant at covert monopoly maintenance, terrible at actually making
>> real products.
>>
>>> HP removed Linux entirely | from the part of their website where they
>>> sell | netbooks. The day Windows 7 became available | the HP Mi
>>> interface appears to have died a | quiet death. A visit to the HP Mini
>>> pages | reveals that HP is only offering "genuine" | Windows 7 and
>>> "genuine" Windows XP. I also | noticed that the HP Mini 110 also sports
>>> a new, | higher starting price, a full US $25 more than | when I ordered
>>> mine earlier this month. I have | to assume the Windows license is part
>>> of the | higher price.
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://ever-increasing-entropy.blogspot.com/2009/10/amazing-coincidence-
>> or-something-more.html
>>

> This is hardly surprising - Microsoft are in all kinds of trouble,
> desperately trying to push Windows into a world which cares not one jot
> about it.
>
> Personally, I'm looking for Genuine Linux on my purchases.  Genuine
> Windows can stay back in the Genuine Shop, where it can do the least
> damage.

Financially, Vista 7 is already proving problematic to them. In the last quarter, Windows
revenue was down 40% as the Windows /margins/ decline considerably (due to Linux).

Microsoft has given more free copies of Windows last year than ever before.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

this wine is particularly heavy, and is mostly recommended for hand-to-hand
combat. -- Eric Idle
http://Schestowitz.com  | Mandriva Linux |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
 15:00:01 up 45 days, 12:23,  2 users,  load average: 0.50, 0.65, 0.61