[News] GNU/Linux Predictions for 2010

Linux and FOSS-related Predictions for 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, more ARM and MIPS-based âsmartbooksâ
| will be sold than x86-powered machines UMPCs
|
| I am willing to bet the so-called âsmartbookâ
| market is just short of exploding. With chips
| like the Longsoon and distros like xPUD, there
| is no way people will be able to resist
| under-$100 smartbooks. This will be achieved
| in 2010, it is the next big thing, not
| tablets. I am aware of the broken promises by
| vendors in the recent years. Now it will be
| different, prices have been driven very low,
| we just need to wait for someone with a vision
| (no, not Negroponte).
|
| So, letâs talk about 2010 in the comments!
| What are you excited about, what do you think
| will happen?
`----

http://www.internetling.com/2010/01/03/linux-and-foss-related-predictions-for-2010/

Surfin': Visit the Online Ham Radio Stacks

,----[ Quote ]
| Those of you who lean towards Linux should
| check out the January 2010 issue of Linux
| Journal. It features ham radio with three
| feature articles on the subject: "An Amateur
| Radio Survival Guide for Linux Users," "Xastir
| -- Open-Source Client for the Automatic Packet
| Reporting System" and "Rolling Your Own with
| Digital Amateur Radio."
`----

http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2010/01/01/11272/

Recent:

Open Source 2010: New Year's predictions.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.siriusit.co.uk/blogs/29-dec-2009/open-source-2010-new-years-predictions