Re: [News] Microsoft Windows Mobile is Essentially Dead, Based on Many Articles

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 04 Jan 2010 16:45 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 03 Jan 2010 23:18 : \____
>>

>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Didn't I just say this yesterday?  Anyway, MS and Palm are probably on
>>> their last legs...  Palm might well recover, but only if MS let them get
>>> on with it.
>>
>> Palm uses a lot of GPL code now. Microsoft won't buy that.
>>

> Not without rebuilding their business model, for sure.  It will take a
> very brave senior management board to do what's really required at
> Microsoft.
>
>> Imagine Microsoft as a Linux /distributor/!
>
> It's tough, I agree.  Can you imagine just how much re-training they'd
> need for all of their staff, from the back-end support folk through to
> the front-end sales, and everyone in between.
>

>> Remember what happened to SCO/Caldera claims after they had distributed
>> Linux.
>
> To be fair, that was MS funded, though.

They've had it going for over 6 years. That's the best $30 million or so they've ever spent.
Microsoft did something similar with TomTom and others.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

"Behold the warranty ... the bold print giveth and the fine
print taketh away." -- fortune file
Tasks: 140 total,   1 running, 139 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie