[News] A Look at Embedded Linux, More New Examples of Its Ubiquity

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Embedded Linux, More New Examples of Its Ubiquity
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 10:29:47 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Exploring Embedded Linux with Xport Pro

,----[ Quote ]
| This past year I've had the good fortune to
| review an eeePC powered Netbook, the Fit-PC,
| and the Plug Computer. All were new, capable,
| and progressively smaller Linux machines.
| Readers may also recall my increasing interest
| in the Arduino micro-controllers. Although the
| Arduino doesn't run Linux, its development
| environment is easy to use and particularly
| well suited for Linux notebooks.
`----

http://www.linux.com/news/embedded-mobile/mobile-linux/277540:xport-pro-adventures-linux-version

Atom-based energy monitoring device taps Moblin

,----[ Quote ]
| At CES, OpenPeak unveiled a prototype of its
| Intel Atom- and Moblin Linux-based Home Energy
| Manager (HEM) energy monitoring device, and
| announced partnerships with Direct Energy and
| GE. OpenPeak also announced that the OpenFrame
| IP phone upon which the HEM is based was
| certified with the ZigBee Alliance's Smart
| Energy Certification.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/OpenPeak-Home-Energy-Manager-OpenFrame-7/?kc=rss

Recent:

The Embedded Market Beds Down with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/11/embedded-market-beds-down-with-linux.html