[News] [Rival] Microsoft Stabs Developers in the Back (Again)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Stabs Developers in the Back (Again)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 04:11:39 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Developers, developers, developers - is a LIE: Microsoft is
NOT paying Windows Mobile developers

,----[ Quote ]
| So imagine you have created Windows Mobile
| apps and you have sold many of them through
| "Windows Marketplace for Mobile", so many
| that in fact Microsoft owes you several
| thousand dollars. Of course considering how
| lame Marketplace is (still many issues, still
| many problems, still English apps not visible
| in foreign stores, etc etc) the fact that you
| even sold so many apps is big achievement.
|
| So you would think that now you can pay your
| bills by this money that you earned off
| Windows Mobile apps. Wrong! Microsoft is not
| paying:
|
| I STILL HAVEN'T BEEN PAID ... and I have sold
| $1000's Also 'Not eligible for revenue
| payout' has suddenly appeared whereas when I
| last checked mid December I was infact
| eligible. Please can somebody competent
| please look into this. I have bills to pay
| and spent $1000s on submitting my apps.
`----

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/8904.html

Recent:

Microsoft to start charging small businesses for domain-name renewals

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoftâs Office Live Small Business (OLSB) site advertises itself as
| offering free Website, domain-name and web-hosting services for small
| businesses. But at least one of these services â domain-name renewals â is on
| its way to becoming paid, starting October 1.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=3664

Related:

Microsoft's Open Source Faux Pas

,----[ Quote ]
| The fix to Microsoft's open source faux pas creates another problem:
| Developers were relying on Sandcastle to produce code documentation. Numerous
| documentation tool summarily yanked out from under their projects.
`----

http://reddevnews.com/blogs/weblog.aspx?blog=2281

Cisco CEO Says Microsoft Screws Its Partners Everytime...Just Like Apple.

,----[ Quote ]
| If partnering with Microsoft is not a win-win then it must be a win-loseâin
| Microsoftâs favor of course.
`----

http://www.ceosmack.com/2007/07/25/cisco-ceo-says-microsoft-screws-its-partners-everytimejust-like-apple/

Vista beta testers face software expiration

,----[ Feed excerpt ]
`----

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=8519