[News] GNU/Linux Text Editors Hailed

Geany's Almost Magical Text-Editing Capabilities

,----[ Quote ]
| Geany was just the text editor I was looking
| for after switching from Windows to Linux. I
| wanted a lightweight, nimble application with
| functionality that would serve my writing
| needs when a full-fledged word processing app
| wasn't necessary -- for me, most of the time.
| I found it in an IDE designed for programmers.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Geanys-Almost-Magical-Text-Editing-Capabilities-69142.html

Gedit Makes a Great Minimal Note Taker

,----[ Quote ]
| On Ubuntu, the default text-editor Gedit works
| great, and has a few extra features that make
| taking plain-text notes a bit more convenient,
| like a side-bar file browser so you can easily
| open multiple files, and automatic time/date
| insertion if youâre keeping a journal.
`----

http://nathanrhale.com/2010/01/20/gedit-makes-a-great-minimal-note-taker/

Recent:

Two Minimalist Linux Text Editors That Make Writing Easy

,----[ Quote ]
| It took decades of writing, but Iâve come to
| a realisation: word processors do way more
| than what I need. Programs like Microsoft
| Office and Open Office are intended for
| laying out content visually to be printed on
| sheets of paper. You can use them to format
| text in your desired font, to add tables and
| even graphics.
|
| [...]
|
| For my day to day writing needs I use
| PyRoom. This isnât to say Iâm not impressed
| with WriteRoomâs feature set â itâs just
| that PyRoom is GTK based and Iâm a Gnome
| user. The fact that thereâs a solid option
| for both major desktops is great, thoughâ
| that sort of choice is no small part of why
| Iâm a Linux user in the first place.
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/two-minimalist-linux-text-editors-that-make-writing-easy/

Two task organizers