[News] Tiny Core Linux 2.8 is Released and Already Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] Tiny Core Linux 2.8 is Released and Already Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 02:25:58 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Tiny Core Linux 2.8 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Tiny Core lead developer Robert Shingledecker
| has announced the availability of version 2.8
| of Tiny Core Linux. Tiny Core is a minimal
| Linux distribution that is based on the 2.6
| Linux kernel and is only about 10 MB in size.
| In addition to the usual bug fixes, the latest
| update includes a number of changes and
| updates.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Tiny-Core-Linux-2-8-released-912363.html

Review: Tiny Core Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The guys over at Linux Outlaws are always
| talking about Tiny Core Linux because it
| always seems to be releasing a new version.  I
| was impressed back in the day that Damn Small
| Linux could have a working Linux distro in
| only 50 MB.  I know that Tiny Core Linux is
| technically not a full Linux distro, but I
| wanted to see what all the fuss was about.  It
| came in a recent LXF disc and I decided to
| check it out.
`----

http://server.ericsbinaryworld.com/blog/2010/01/29/review-tiny-core-linux/

Recent:

Tiny Core Linux 2.7 arrives

,----[ Quote ]
| Tiny Core lead developer Robert
| Shingledecker has announced the
| availability of version 2.7 of Tiny Core
| Linux. Tiny Core is a minimal Linux
| distribution that's only about 10 MB in
| size and is based on the 2.6 Linux kernel.
| The latest release includes several bug
| fixes, changes and updates.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Tiny-Core-Linux-2-7-arrives-890813.html