[News] Red Hat is Seeing "Exciting" Times, Fedora History Told

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat is Seeing "Exciting" Times, Fedora History Told
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 02:36:51 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

State of the union at Red Hat â Times are âexciting,â CEO proclaims

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâm kicking off my third year at Red Hat
| this month and would like to take a step
| back as we move into 2010 to reflect on the
| past year. In keeping with the U.S.
| presidential tradition of delivering a
| âState of the Unionâ address each January,
| Iâd like to maintain a similar tradition at
| Red Hat and highlight some of our
| milestones from 2009.
`----

http://localtechwire.com/business/local_tech_wire/news/blogpost/6902582/

Red Hat's Open Source School of Thought

,----[ Quote ]
| The idea of open source need not be limited
| to software -- it can also apply to
| subjects like education, business, law and
| life in general. That's the philosophy
| behind Red Hat's new Web site, anyway.
| Could opensource.com be Red Hat's attempt
| at reviving excitement in the open source
| movement? Perhaps the site was put up in an
| attempt to clarify the difference between
| open source and collaboration.

Fedora Linux history tour

,----[ Quote ]
| Last weekend I went through a somewhat
| lengthy process of upgrading one of my
| servers from Fedora 6 to Fedora 12.  The
| server is vital for a company that uses it,
| there is more than 2 TBytes of data on that
| machine, and I only had a weekend to go
| through the upgrade.
|
| Fedora is a very dynamic distribution, with
| new releases coming out roughly every 6
| month.  An upgrade backward compatibility
| is maintained only for the last 2 releases.
| So, I had to first upgrade from Fedora 6 to
| Fedora 8, then from Fedora 8 to Fedora 10,
| and then finally from Fedora 10 to Fedora
| 12.
`----

http://mamchenkov.net/wordpress/2010/01/27/fedora-linux-history-tour/

Recent: