[News] Moving to GNU/Linux, Loving it Within Days

  • Subject: [News] Moving to GNU/Linux, Loving it Within Days
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 10:42:35 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

I'm using Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I have switched to Ubuntu for 2 days now.
| It's awesome, I'm using awesome window
| manager. I'm more efficient than usual. I
| have got wireless to work(not manually),
| battery status to work, start up programs
| to work and more. It's a interesting
| experience.
`----

http://mgccl.com/2010/01/31/i-m-using-linux

Get Linux Certified!

,----[ Quote ]
| Whether you are an experienced Linux Admin
| or a newbie gingerly stepping forth into
| the world of Linux, you will need to
| prepare. We all often become experts in
| whatever we use everyday, but the scope of
| subjects covered in the exam may encompass
| more than you know. Just reviewing the
| contents of the syllabus may do it for
| some but others will need weeks of even
| months of preparation. Going back to the
| classroom will provide a systematic and
| regular disciplined approach to the
| examination. They also provide hands-on
| practice and prove to be well worth the
| expense. Your instructor will also clarify
| any doubts you may have. However self-
| study books and on-line resources can do
| the trick if you are determined and self-
| disciplined enough to chart your own
| course through the deep waters.
`----

http://brajeshwar.com/2010/get-linux-certified/

Stupidware

,----[ Quote ]
| So, dear developers, please stop assuming
| we're all idiots. Let us make the same
| mistake again and again and sooner or
| later we will learn to not make the same
| mistakes. Training wheels are for
| Windows.. leave us *BSD/Linux users out of
| this particular loop.
`----

http://ardchoille42.blogspot.com/2010/01/stupidware.html

Recent:

Some things in Linux are hard. Get over it!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/some-things-in-linux-are-hard-get-over-it-36400