Re: [News] Mandy's Hollywood Reform for the Internet Comes Under Fire from Lords, ACTA Also

____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 07 Feb 2010 09:21 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 05 Feb 2010 14:23 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Then society would fall down :-)
>>
>> So says the myth. Scared managers behave more honestly.
>
> I agree, but corruption is so endemic, I wonder if it could ever be
> removed?

It can't be removed, but it can be lessened. Sexual discrimination still exists, it cannot be
eradicated, but it's already frown upon if someone suggests that women should not
vote or drive.

Abolition is not the goal. The goal is improvement, however gradual.

>> In reality, work insecurity is good for the economy because it keeps the
>> lower classes nervous and always on their toes, as well as ripe for those at
>> the top to exploit.
>>
>> In ideal conditions, lower classes should be relaxed and their exploiter kept
>> stressful for being constantly watched.
>>
>> The MP expenses episode can reform how they interact with the public. People
>> react primarily in the face of fear or threat (during school, work, etc.) and
>> some go as far as saying that fear is the key motivator in life, if broken
>> down properly.
>>
>> Threats of prison for "elites" regulates their Hubris.
>>

> It's right and proper.  Btw - did  you notice this week that Inland
> Revenue have announced that as many as 25 million tax codes might be
> wrong?  I've been suspicious about my medical care tax for a long time,
> and have twice had to contact them about the "savings" income they were
> taxing - pointing out that I'd be retired if I had that many millions in
> the bank...

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

"The government is not trying to destroy Microsoft, itâs simply seeking to compel Microsoft to obey the law. Itâs quite revealing that Mr. Gates equates the two."
		--Government official
Swap:  4088500k total,   417880k used,  3670620k free,   264040k cached