Re: [News] Mandy's Hollywood Reform for the Internet Comes Under Fire from Lords, ACTA Also

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 12 Feb 2010 07:24 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 07 Feb 2010 09:21 : \____
>>

>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> I agree, but corruption is so endemic, I wonder if it could ever be
>>> removed?
>>

>> It can't be removed, but it can be lessened. Sexual discrimination still
>> exists, it cannot be eradicated, but it's already frown upon if someone
>> suggests that women should not vote or drive.
>
> We have huge amounts of sexual discrimination, but we only really take
> an interest if its anti-female.  All the anti-male discrimination goes
> on without anyone really turning a hair.  Even "families need fathers"
> have made more or less zero progress in establishing that fathers should
> have any rights at all regarding their own children, as an example.
>

>> Abolition is not the goal. The goal is improvement, however gradual.
>
> Considering how society works, though, will it ever be possible to make
> real headway?  Just look at how valentine's day works, for example...

Consumerism?

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Never awaking askew, no matter what they ask you
http://Schestowitz.com  | Mandriva Linux |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
 21:00:01 up 87 days, 18:31,  2 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.22, 0.47