[News] MAFIAA's Racketeering Facilitates Bribes, Arrest Follows

  • Subject: [News] MAFIAA's Racketeering Facilitates Bribes, Arrest Follows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:39:43 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

U Georgia official arrested for demanding bribes to make RIAA copyright notices go away

,----[ Quote ]
| The University of Georgia has fired Dorin
| Lucian Dehelean, a security analyst who was
| responsible for passing on RIAA copyright
| infringement notices to the student body,
| alleging that he demanded bribes from students
| to make the record of their supposed
| infractions go away.
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/02/10/u-georgia-official-a.html

Remarkable third trial coming for RIAA's first P2P defendant

,----[ Quote ]
| When Jammie Thomas (now Thomas-Rasset) became
| the first alleged P2P file-swapper to take her
| case all the way to trial and verdict, no one
| suspected that she would actually have three
| trials and verdicts, but that's the case
| today, as the RIAA rejected a federal judge's
| decision to slash Thomas-Rasset's damage
| award. Instead, we're headed to a truncated
| third trial on the issue of damages.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/02/remarkable-third-trial-coming-for-riaas-first-p2p-defendant.ars

RIAA opts for new trial in Capitol Records v. Thomas-Rasset

http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2010/02/riaa-opts-for-new-trial-in-capitol.html

Recent:

Did The Recording Industry Really Miss The Opportunity To 'Monetize' Online Music?

,----[ Quote ]