[News] Linux Cracks Price Barriers: e-Readers for Under $99, Tablets for Under $199

  • Subject: [News] Linux Cracks Price Barriers: e-Readers for Under $99, Tablets for Under $199
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 10:55:35 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Freescale chip built to power sub-$99 e-readers

,----[ Quote ]
| Feeding the e-book craze, a new hardware
| controller chip from Freescale aims to lower
| the cost of e-readers below the magic $98
| price point while extending battery life to
| weeks.
`----

http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=223101206

ARM9-based Android tablets to sell for under $200

,----[ Quote ]
| Archos announced two low-cost, WiFi-enabled
| tablets that run Android on a 600MHz ARM9
| processor. The Archos 7 Home Tablet offers a
| | seven-inch touchscreen and is designed for
| | mobile use, while the eight-inch Archos 8
| | Home Tablet is designed for fixed kitchen-
| | computer and digital picture frame (DPF)
| | duties, says the company.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Archos-Home-Tablets/?kc=rss

Recent:

Need a tablet? Android based iLet Mini HAL shipping March 1 for $199

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://androinica.com/2010/02/26/need-a-tablet-android-based-ilet-mini-hal-shipping-march-1-for-199/