[News] Choices with GNU/Linux and Distribution Poll (One Third Uses Ubuntu)

  • Subject: [News] Choices with GNU/Linux and Distribution Poll (One Third Uses Ubuntu)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 00:15:55 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Choices Choices â

,----[ Quote ]
| Well I have been playing around with my
| NerdTop for a few weeks now, and it is
| terrific. I can do anything I want online
| without having to get onto my main machine, it
| simple and itâs clean. The only thing I have
| been fiddling with is trying to find a Linux
| distro I like. I have tried Ubuntu (with
| fiddly support for the drivers) with different
| desktop enviros, Mandriva,  a bunch of smaller
| EeePC specific distros and none of them were
| really what I wanted. They were all good and
| worked fine, but not perfect.
`----

http://jeremybillett.com/wp/archives/81

Which Linux distribution do you use most frequently?

,----[ Quote ]
| We're collecting this data to run in an
| upcoming issue of Linux Journal. We encourage
| you to leave comments here letting us know why
| you use the Linux distribution you do. Let
| your voice be heard!
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/which-linux-distribution-do-you-use-most-frequently-0

This shows one third using Ubuntu PLUS variants/flavours.  Since
Canonical claims well over ten million regular users, do the maths.

Recent:

The State of Fedora: We're Not Just for Fanboys

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6922/1/