[News] [Rival] Intel Stuck with XP, Which is Not Secure (Vista 7 Fails)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Intel Stuck with XP, Which is Not Secure (Vista 7 Fails)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 00:24:27 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Intel: Just 3,000 employees run Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite the firm's rapid turnaround of PCs and its very public
| partnership with Microsoft, Bryant said that so far it had
| shifted just 3,000 of its 80,000 plus employees onto Windows 7.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/03/bryant_cebit_speech/

Windows XP's built-in Wi-Fi Security Hole

,----[ Quote ]
| I noticed that I kept seeing "Free Public Wifi"
| APs (access points) showing up. I assumed it was someone
| trolling for innocents wanting to be infected with malware.
| I was wrong. It's actually a much more interesting Windows
| XP security flaw.
`----

http://www.itworld.com/security/99820/windows-xps-built-wi-fi-security-hole

Recent:

Intel hits migration delays with Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.techworld.com/operating-systems/3213679/intel-hits-migration-delays-with-windows-7/