[News] What Sets Apart GNU/Linux from Windows and Mac OS X

  • Subject: [News] What Sets Apart GNU/Linux from Windows and Mac OS X
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:59:20 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

What Linux needs

,----[ Quote ]
| Because what Linux needs is people who want
| to use Linux. I said a long time ago that if
| Linux was Windows, nobody would need Linux.
| By corollary, if what you need is Windows,
| donât tell me Linux has shortcomings. Linux
| doesnât need application X, it needs someone
| who is so prepossessed with the idea of
| creating application X that they spearhead an
| independent movement to duplicate it, gather
| a few like-minded and talented peers, and as
| a group they roll up their sleeves and get to
| work making application X.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/what-linux-needs/

Apple: Simplicity taken too far?

,----[ Quote ]
| One could discard such fulminating, except
| for the fact that Google (with Android) and
| other open-source communities are
| increasingly focusing on delivering open-
| source software that prioritizes ease of
| use, as Canonical's latest Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
| (aka Lucid Lynx) release shows.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10471385-16.html

Linux Journal Insider - May 2010

http://www.linuxjournal.com/podcast/linux-journal-insider-may-2010

Recent:

Ubuntu Is Pretty Cool (My Linux Experiment)

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://sourcesandmethods.blogspot.com/2009/09/ubuntu-is-pretty-cool-my-linux.html