[News] A Deep Look at the Latest Linux (Kernel Space), FirePro V8800 Arrives

  • Subject: [News] A Deep Look at the Latest Linux (Kernel Space), FirePro V8800 Arrives
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 01:53:51 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Kernel Log: Graphics drivers and Mesa3D updated, four new stable kernels

,----[ Quote ]
| Almost simultaneously with the first series
| 1.8 X Server, the developers have also
| updated Mesa3D and various drivers. Four
| new stable kernels offer bug fixes and
| minor improvements.
|
| The X Server isn't the only component for
| which a new version has recently been
| released, as many other components that
| impact the graphics support in Linux
| distributions have also been updated in the
| past two weeks.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/features/Kernel-Log-Graphics-drivers-and-Mesa3D-updated-four-new-stable-kernels-971885.html

AMD Launches FirePro V8800 Graphics Card

,----[ Quote ]
| More than a year ago AMD rolled out the ATI
| FirePro V8700 workstation graphics card and
| months later then pushed out the FirePro V8750
| as their new ultra high-end graphics card for
| those engaging in CAD, imaging, and other
| tasks. Now though AMD has unveiled the FirePro
| V8800 series that replaces the V8750 for the
| top spot.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODEzMQ

Recent: