[News] Memcached Expands to Next Ubuntu GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Memcached Expands to Next Ubuntu GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:13:14 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Gear6 Memcached Now Supported on Ubuntu Server Editions Including Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

,----[ Quote ]
| Gear6, the leading provider of enhanced
| Memcached solutions, today announced that
| the Gear6 Memcached distribution is now
| available as a DEB package for Ubuntu and
| Debian as well as RPM formats for Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux and CentOS.
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Gear6-Memcached-Now-Supported-on-Ubuntu-Server-Editions-Including-Ubuntu-1004-LTS-1146749.htm

Gear6 Memcached opens up shared server deployment options with DEB and RPM package format support

http://www.gear6.com/about-us/news/gear6-memcached-on-ubuntu

Gear6 Memcached Now Scales Both SQL and NoSQL Applications

http://www.gear6.com/about-us/news/gear6-memcached-and-nosql

Percona Launches 'Percona Server with XtraDB'

,----[ Quote ]
| Percona's release enhances MySQL 5.1 with up
| to 10x performance improvements, diagnostic
| tools useful to DBAs, and more tunability of
| server behavior. Also included is Percona's
| online backup utility XtraBackup, the first
| such open source tool in the MySQL ecosystem.
`----

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/percona-launches-percona-server-with-xtradb-90734894.html

Recent:

Amazon gains professional-grade memcached distribution

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://searchcloudcomputing.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid201_gci1376315,00.html