[News] E-mail Substitute Adheres to Free Software Licensing

  • Subject: [News] E-mail Substitute Adheres to Free Software Licensing
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 15:14:56 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Wave Goodbye to E-mail?

,----[ Quote ]
| Late last year, getting a Google Wave invite
| was reminiscent of getting a Cabbage Patch
| Kid in 1983. It was the newest gizmo everyone
| just had to have. As a geek, I was one of the
| kids begging the loudest. Thankfully, one of
| our readers from across the pond (Paul
| Howard, thanks!) sent me an invite, and I
| cleared my schedule for the product that was
| going to change the way I communicate. Only,
| it didnât.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/wave-goodbye-e-mail

Memos for your Boss: Proprietary Problems & OpenSource Proposal

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source software is usually developed as
| a public collaboration and made freely
| availableâ (John Hopkins). Exploring software
| alternatives like open source is critical
| considering all business or personal
| information and finances may be dictated by
| private software companies agendas.
`----

http://www.buntfu.com/news,page,86,topic_id,content_pages

Using GIMP

http://millionchimpanzees.blogspot.com/2010/04/using-gimp.html

Recent:

My First Impressions of Google Wave

,----[ Quote ]
| A few weeks ago I received a Google Wave
| invitation from my friend David Knopf (after
| publicly begging for one in my post Hoping to
| Surf the Google Wave). Since then, I've had a
| chance to use it and I've seen the good, the
| bad and the ever-present potential of the
| tool. While it does have tremendous potential,
| I think some of my initial concerns as
| outlined in my post A Curmudgeonly Look at
| Google Wave, have proven true.
`----

http://www.daniweb.com/news/story235180.html

Google Begins Test Phase for Wave