[News] A Look at Prey (Game) for GNU/Linux, 8 More Proprietary Games

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Prey (Game) for GNU/Linux, 8 More Proprietary Games
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:57:58 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Prey - Bring your diaper bag, cause it's scary!

,----[ Quote ]
| Prey is a really great title. It has
| everything. Maybe too much. I'm not sure
| I'll have the guts to see it through, just
| like I chickened out with Doom 3. Call me a
| sissy, but this is a great testimony to the
| game's depth and quality. Then again, id
| folks always knew how to make games.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/games/prey.html

24 More of the Best Linux Commercial Games (Part 3 of 3)

,----[ Quote ]
| Shadowgrounds 	Alien-battling carnage
| festival
| Sacred: Gold Edition 	Action role-
| playing game
| Awesome Soccer 	Modern day homage to the
| legendary Sensible Soccer and Kick Off 2
| Mad Skills Motocross 	Fast and
| furious arcade motocross action
| Jack Keane 	Colorful and cartoon like
| adventure in the spirit of Monkey Island
| KreiselBall 	2D action platform game
| with a classical game play with puzzle
| elements
| Mystic Mine 	Navigate your cart to
| collect coins against the clock
| Brukkon  	Puzzle game slightly inspired by
| Sokoban
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20100417064131263/MoreCommercialGamesPart3.html

Recent:

Prey 0.3.3 review

,----[ Quote ]
| Prey is an open-source notebook tracking
| service which supports Windows, Mac OS X and
| Linux. Not only does Prey look good and work
| well, it's in steady development by an active
| community.
`----

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?reviewid=3207984

Prey Linux Retail Client Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Back in October Ryan Gordon surprised the Linux community by releasing a
| Linux game demo of Prey two-years after the game began shipping on Windows.
| He was contracted to port the Prey server to Linux but this was the first
| time we were seeing any client. A month later an updated Prey demo for Linux
| was released. This afternoon Ryan has now released the binaries that allow
| the retail game to be used on Linux.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjkxMA

Linux version of Prey released, air sickness bags required

,----[ Quote ]
| A few weeks ago, we reported on the news that a programmer was nearing
| completion on a Linux port of 3D Realms' popular title Prey. Ryan "icculus"
| Gordon was working to push out the full retail version of the game's
| binaries. After months of work, he has finally succeeded in bringing the full
| version of the game to the Linux platform.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/12/08/linux-version-of-prey-released-air-sickness-bags-required

Updated Prey Demo For Linux Released

,----[ Quote ]
| More than a month ago, Ryan Gordon had released a Prey Linux demo for this
| first person shooter that was released for Windows back in 2006 and is
| developed around a heavily-modified version of the id Tech 4 engine. At that
| time he said the full Linux client for Prey would be out in a few days, but
| it still has yet to be released. However, in time for Thanksgiving, Ryan has
| now put out an updated Prey demo for Linux.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njg3OQ

Games : Icculus to release Prey demo for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2496