[News] Dell Chooses Linux for New Line of Products

  • Subject: [News] Dell Chooses Linux for New Line of Products
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 01:22:16 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Dell Sparta and Athens leak.

,----[ Quote ]
| Looks like more leaks from Dell has just
| happened, this time round with a couple of
| devices known as the Sparta and Athens. These
| Greek-named devices will be powered by either
| Android or Linux, where the Sparta netbook
| tablet comes with not-so-Spartan features such
| as an 11" TFT display at 1,024 x 768
| resolution, an ARM processor, optional
| connectivity modules (3G, Wi-Fi and
| Bluetooth) and a swivel mechanism which
| allows the display itself to rotate within
| its frame.
`----

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2010/04/dell_sparta_and_athens_leak.html

New Dell leak shows Android-based Athens, Sparta smartbooks

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/04/25/dell.to.make.arm.based.smartbooks.with.google.ui/

Dell may be working on convertible netbook tablet, ARM-based netbook

http://www.liliputing.com/2010/04/dell-may-be-working-on-convertible-netbook-tablet-arm-based-netbook.html

Recent:

Dell Android Mobile Device Trio: Thunder, Flash, Smoke Smartphones

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell's first attempt at an Android
| smartphone never made it out of the gate,
| according to one analyst, after the phones
| failed to impress the wireless carriers.
| But the second time may prove the charm as
| Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) has some stylish new
| Android phones in the works.
`----

http://www.enterprisemobiletoday.com/news/article.php/3878271/Dell-Android-Mobile-Device-Trio-Thunder-Flash-Smoke-Smartphones.htm

Dell preps bevy of Android devices

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell is planning to release a bevy of ARM-
| based mobile devices, according to what
| Engadget says are leaked company documents.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Dell-Aero-Thunder-Flash-Smoke-Streak-Looking-Glass-Lightning/?kc=rss

Dell Looking Glass tablet leaks: Tegra 2 coming your way in November

,----[ Quote ]
| We'd already heard that Dell was working on
| larger tablets, and tonight's huge leak
| brought us tons of info on the Looking
| Glass, a seven-inch big brother to the
| Streak 5 that's due out in November.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/21/dell-looking-glass-tablet-leaks-tegra-2-coming-your-way-in-nove

Dell Thunder explodes Android with 4.1-inch OLED screen, promises Hulu app

,----[ Quote ]
| It's like Dell's making up for lost time
| with smartphones: while "Lightning" is the
| company's answer to Windows Phone
| extravagance, the Dell Thunder that's
| leaking out along side does up Android 2.1
| with similar aplomb and a 4.1-inch WVGA
| OLED screen. There's a heavily custom Dell
| "Stage" UI on top, which seems much
| different (and classier) than what we've
| seen on the Streak or Aero.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/21/dell-thunder-explodes-android-with-4-1-inch-oled-screen-promise/

Dell tablet said to be named 'Streak'