[News] Proprietary Software in GNU/Linux: CrossOver Games 9.0 Coming, SQN Banking Adds GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Proprietary Software in GNU/Linux: CrossOver Games 9.0 Coming, SQN Banking Adds GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 20:01:21 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Full Steam ahead with CrossOver Games 9.0 beta

,----[ Quote ]
| Software guys are often accused of wanting to
| spend too much time polishing their beloved
| programs. I'm very guilty of that myself, and
| that's doubly hard because of our work on
| Wine. While Wine is amazing, it's not
| perfect, so there is a challenging balance in
| deciding that we've made enough progress to
| justify a release. Of course, if you let us
| software guys decide, we'll take forever and
| never ship anything.
`----

http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/cxgames-linux/full-steam-ahead-with-crossover-games-90-beta.html

SQN Banking Systems Announces Linux Versions of SENTRY: SigCheck and SENTRY: Inspect

,----[ Quote ]
| Rancocas, N.J.-based SQN Banking Systems, a
| leading provider of integrated fraud
| detection and process improvement products
| for the financial industry, has responded to
| client demand for open source enabled
| solutions by releasing Linux versions of its
| SENTRY: SigCheckâ and SENTRY: Inspectâ
| products.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100426005085&newsLang=en