[News] Former Professors Explains Educational Value of Free Software in Programming; Mercurial Interview

  • Subject: [News] Former Professors Explains Educational Value of Free Software in Programming; Mercurial Interview
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 15:05:27 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Learn to program with open source

,----[ Quote ]
| Simon Brock guides you to the best open-source
| resources to learn programming
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/realworld/357550/learn-to-program-with-open-source

Interview with Mercurial's Matt Mackall

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently, Mercurial author Matt Mackall has
| decided to try to devote his full time to
| working on the distributed source control tool.
| He's doing this by seeking funding from
| companies that use Mercurial or sell Mercurial-
| based products.
|
| [...]
|
| OStatic: Do you have any plans for promoting
| Mercurial in addition to the development work
| to try to boost adoption & contributions?
|
| Frankly, no. I'm not much interested in
| evangelizing. Mercurial is successful enough
| that I just don't have time for it, let alone
| motivation. As for contributions, there are
| already more than I can manage in my available
| time, and so a large part of this efforts is to
| free up more of my time for that.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/interview-with-mercurials-matt-mackall

Recent:

Does Microsoft think "Rip-Off Britain" is an instruction?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com/thewayout/137-rip-off-britain.html