[News] "All applications will eventually be released under a GNU license"; OpenDLP Released as FOSS

  • Subject: [News] "All applications will eventually be released under a GNU license"; OpenDLP Released as FOSS
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 18:11:17 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Enjoy your participatory panopticon with âSnapScoutsâ

,----[ Quote ]
| âSnapScout and SnapScout Reports are
| produced and developed by MiniTru, LLC.
| Created in 2008 by George Parsons and
| Winston OâBrien, MiniTru LLC leverages
| modern technology to address the timeless
| threats to democracy and freedom. Using a
| transparent, open source approach â all
| applications will eventually be released
| under a GNU license, and all content is
| copyrighted via Creative Commons â we
| empower real Americans to connect and share
| the mini-truths we canât always say out
| loud, but keep America the greatest country
| in the world.â
`----

http://www.wired.com/beyond_the_beyond/2010/05/enjoy-your-participatory-panopticon-with-snapscouts/

OpenDLP aims to detect potential data loss

,----[ Quote ]
| A new open source project, OpenDLP, aims to
| detect data loss in organisations by
| automated scanning for potentially
| confidential information. The system
| consists of a management server, written in
| Perl, and an agent, written in C, which is
| deployed to users' systems to carry out the
| scanning.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/OpenDLP-aims-to-detect-potential-data-loss-991671.html

Recent:

Is That Embedded Software GPL-Compliant?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2905&blogid=14