[News] Sub-notebooks Sales Still Rising (More Run GNU/Linux)

  • Subject: [News] Sub-notebooks Sales Still Rising (More Run GNU/Linux)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 22:54:24 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Intel CEO Otellini Says Netbook Market on the Rise

,----[ Quote ]
| Demand for netbooks is stabilizing and is poised
| for growth as consumers start purchasing the devices as
| primary PCs, Intel CEO Paul Otellini said on Tuesday.
|
| Netbook shipments will grow north of 20 percent as PC
| shipments continue to increase this year, Otellini said during a
| speech at the company's investor meeting being held in Santa
| Clara, California, which was also webcast.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/196054/intel_ceo_otellini_says_netbook_market_on_the_rise.html?tk=rss_news

Linux Netbook Operating systems â A list

,----[ Quote ]
| It is a proven fact that most Linux operating
| systems, if not all run like a duck soup on
| the netbooks now. That is why, it makes
| perfect sense to install them as a secondary
| operating system. We have compiled a list of
| compatible distros for the netbooks which
| support the hardware of the netbooks; are
| easy to install and run at acceptable speed.
`----

http://gadgetmix.com/index/linux-netbook-os/

Acer to "launch Chrome netbook next month"

,----[ Quote ]
| Acer is preparing to launch devices based on
| Google's Chrome OS at next month's Computex
| trade show, according to reports.
|
| The VentureBeat website claims it's been told
| by "multiple sources" that Acer plans to
| unveil the Chrome devices at the Taipei show,
| which runs from 1 to 5 June.
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/357949/acer-to-launch-chrome-netbook-next-month

South African netbook runs Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| South Africa-based mobile provider Vodacom
| has begun selling an Ubuntu Linux based
| netbook. The Linkbook, which was developed by
| a South African company of the same name, is
| equipped with 16GB of flash storage, HSDPA,
| WiFi, two USB ports, and an 8.9-inch display,
| says Vodacom.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Vodacom-Linkbook/

Recent: