[News] A Look at Changes in Future Ubuntu GUI; New Jono Bacon Talk

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Changes in Future Ubuntu GUI; New Jono Bacon Talk
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 08:15:29 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu (w/ GNOME) Switching To Single Click For Opening Files And Folders?

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/05/ubuntu-w-gnome-switching-to-single.html

Chromium Daily shifts buttons to the left for Ubuntu users

,----[ Quote ]
| Users of the Chromium browser daily builds
| for Ubuntu may be surprised to find their
| window controls 'doing a Lucid' and
| switching from the right to the left.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/05/chromium-daily-shifts-buttons-to-left.html

Desktop Fun: 21 Cool Ubuntu Wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 10.04 was released last month, and
| comes with some breath taking design
| enhancements, and has some fabulous art
| work integrated into it. Weâve put
| together a collection of wallpapers to
| make it more customized.
`----

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/17118/desktop-fun-21-cool-ubuntu-wallpapers/

[VIDEO SUNDAY] Jono Bacon on non-developers in the Ubuntu Community

,----[ Quote ]
| There are times when you feel you do not
| belong to the Ubuntu community for your
| lack of coding knowledge. But is that
| really true? Do you have to necessarily be
| a coding geek to contribute to the
| development of the most popular Linux
| distro around? The Ubuntu community
| manager Jono Bacon (who I hear likes
| bacon) talks to Amber Granner about that
| and more in this video.
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/05/video-sunday-jono-bacon-on-non.html

Recent:

Making 10.10 a perfect 10/10 - Evolution

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/05/making-1010-perfect-1010-evolution.html

Btrfs May Be The Default File-System In Ubuntu 10.10

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this week we reported that Ubuntu has
| plans for the Btrfs file-system in 2011 and
| 2012 by providing support for installing
| Ubuntu Linux to a Btrfs file-system. This
| information was based upon documents coming
| out of the Ubuntu Developer Summit in
| Brussels, but it turns out that Canonical may
| actually deploy Btrfs this year. Not only to
| provide an installation option within the
| installer for Btrfs, but to make it the
| default file-system.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODI1Mg

Tracking The Performance Of Ubuntu 10.10

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODIwNg