[News] A Look at Old and New GNU/Linux Applications: eggPlant, XSane...

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Old and New GNU/Linux Applications: eggPlant, XSane...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 07:01:50 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

TestPlant updates eggPlant for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The new release also features a new
| TypeText recording feature that allows you
| to automatically capture most keyboard
| input, including modifier keys, by just
| typing. New SenseTalk features expand
| eggPlant's text handling and provide more
| options for value comparisons. Improved
| Control over helper suites and
| enhancements to the case and bug
| submission panel allows version 10.2 of
| this universal GUI test tool to bring with
| it key features that reduce the learning
| and deployment curve of the tool thus
| significantly helping QA engineers who are
| new to automation.
`----

http://advice.cio.com/srideep_mitra/10379/testplant_updates_eggplant_for_linux

XSane Brings Sanity to the Mad, Mad World of Linux Scanning

,----[ Quote ]
| Scanning documents into a computer running
| a Linux-based operating system can often
| be a maddening task if you approach it the
| same way you would with a Windows PC. For
| Linux, XSane can make a world of
| difference. Xsane is a scanner interface
| that uses the Scanner Access Now Easy
| driver.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/70013.html?wlc=1274345387

For secure access, try this limited shell

,----[ Quote ]
| Sometimes, in otherwise restricted Linux
| environments, system administrators need
| to give shell access to users to
| accomplish certain tasks. Yet from the
| shell, savvy users can do almost anything
| on a system. One tool that can help
| resolve the conflict is lshell, a shell
| that lets you restrict a user or groupâs
| environment to a limited sets of path and
| commands. Using lshell, an administrator
| can give a user who need, for instance,
| SSH access, only the commands he needs,
| without setting up a chroot environment or
| playing with system rights and ACLs.
| Everything is set up and controlled
| through one configuration file.
`----

http://sourceforge.net/blog/for-secure-access-try-this-limited-shell/

Spotify Still Missing Two Essential Features

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itproportal.com/portal/news/article/2010/5/18/spotify-still-missing-two-essential-features/