[News] Wine 1.2 Expected to Comes Next Month, New Examples of Proprietary Software for GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Wine 1.2 Expected to Comes Next Month, New Examples of Proprietary Software for GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 07:03:45 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Wine 1.2 Planned For Release In June

,----[ Quote ]
| Wine 1.0 was released in June of 2008
| after this free software project had
| already been in development since 1993.
| Over the past two years since that release
| we have continued to receive bi-weekly
| development snapshots, but no major stable
| releases have yet arrived. Fortunately, it
| looks like that soon may change with the
| release of Wine 1.2 as soon as next month.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODI0OQ

Download Wine 1.0.1 / 1.1.44 Free For Linux

http://www.softsailor.com/downloads/27247-download-wine-1-0-1-1-1-44-free-for-linux.html

Google Chrome 6 Is Here

,----[ Quote ]
| As expected, the latest dev channel
| release is now labeled Google Chrome 6.
| The Google Chrome 6.0.401.1 dev release is
| just a regular update, fixing several bugs
| on all supported platforms, Windows, Mac
| and Linux. No new features have been added
| since the previous dev channel release,
| Google Chrome 5.0.396.0. The update fixes
| some issues with how Chrome handles the
| shortened addresses displayed in the
| Omnibox.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Google-Chrome-6-Is-Here-142123.shtml

Google begins Chrome 6 development

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20005224-264.html

HDS improves network performance monitor

,----[ Quote ]
| IT Operations Analyzer is aimed at mid-
| sized companies, is an agent-less
| heterogeneous application with root-cause
| analysis capabilities that watches
| Windows, Red Hat Linux networks, and, with
| v 2.0, SUSE Linux and Sun Solaris-
| connected servers, switches and storage
| devices.
`----

http://www.itworldcanada.com/news/hds-improves-network-performance-monitor/140696

Eclipse and Embedded Linux Support Added to MathWorks Code Generation Tools

,----[ Quote ]
| MathWorks today announced that its Target
| Support Package and Embedded IDE Link
| products now support the Eclipse
| integrated development environment (IDE)
| and Embedded Linux through the GNU
| compiler tool chain. As a result,
| engineers can automate project creation in
| Eclipse and deploy real-time embedded
| systems on Linux using automatically
| generated code from MATLAB and Simulink
| models. These capabilities enable
| engineers using Model-Based Design to
| rapidly implement and verify algorithms on
| processors that can run Embedded Linux,
| such as ARM, Freescale, and Intel.
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/eclipse-and-embedded-linux-support-added-to-mathworks-code-generation-tools,1306733.shtml