[News] WebOS Brings Linux to Many Printers

HP: webOS coming to slates and printers

,----[ Quote ]
| CEO confirms Palm operating system heading
| to more than just phones
`----

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/33181/hp-webos-printers-slate-tablets

HP: WebOS headed to Internet-connected printers

,----[ Quote ]
| HP will acquire Palm "in order to enhance
| our intellectual property...in the
| connected-mobility space. We expect to
| leverage WebOS into a variety of form
| factors, including slates and Web-connected
| printers," Hurd said Tuesday.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20005315-260.html

Recent:

It Just Works: a happy tale of Linux and printers

,----[ Quote ]
| Should I be this happy? Yeah. I think I should. Genuine progress, even in
| small ways, is worth a smile.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10013218o-2000331777b,00.htm

HP's Linux-based Printer connects to the web

,----[ Quote ]
| Instead, the applications, which are written in Java and run on an embedded
| Linux OS, are customized so that they only display what the user will
| specifically need.
`----

http://apcmag.com/Content.aspx?id=4083

HP's TouchSmart Printers Print Web Content, No PC Required

,----[ Quote ]
| The underlying technology is HTML and Linux based; the Web kit browser runs
| on the embedded Linux OS; inside, there's an IMX 31 processor. The apps don't
| take a lot of resources, according to Joshi.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/167120/hps_touchsmart_printers_print_web_content_no_pc_required.html

HP Officejet Pro 8500 - Happy with Mac, Linux and Windows XP

,----[ Quote ]

http://blogs.zdnet.com/virtualization/?p=892