[News] USASpending.gov and Christina Aguilera Choose Drupal (Free Software)

  • Subject: [News] USASpending.gov and Christina Aguilera Choose Drupal (Free Software)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 14:44:23 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

USASpending.gov Refresh Uses Open Source, Cloud

,----[ Quote ]
| The refreshed site, like other federal Web
| sites, takes advantage of open source
| components. It was developed on the open-
| source platform Drupal, which also powers
| the WhiteHouse.gov site that was
| relaunched late last year.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/government/info-management/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=225000121&subSection=Business+Intelligence

Christina Aguilera using Drupal

,----[ Quote ]
| The site is developed by Sony Music, and
| is one of the better looking Drupal sites
| that I have seen Sony Music launch.
`----

http://buytaert.net/christina-aguilera-using-drupal

Harley From PTFS-LibLime: What It Isâand Isnât

,----[ Quote ]
| While the LibLime Koha Community offering
| is available both as a SaaS or hosted
| service and for local installation,
| Enterprise Koha is limited to SaaS because
| the General Public License, which all
| those participating in Koha development
| must accept, requires that any
| enhancements made to open source software
| must be "distributed" by free download to
| any interested party.
`----

http://newsbreaks.infotoday.com/NewsBreaks/Harley-From-PTFSLibLime-What-It-Isand-Isnt-67309.asp

Recent:

Joomla vs Drupal: business models and commercial ecosystem

,----[ Quote ]
| Why is this happening? First, the Joomla
| people that I talked to believed that there
| was more money to be made in the Drupal world,
| as Drupal tends to attract larger projects.
| Further, the lack of Drupal template clubs is
| perceived as an opportunity for Joomla
| developers already familiar with that business
| model. Third, since the long awaited Joomla
| 1.6 release is "only" an incremental release,
| some people are only marginally excited about
| it. Contrasted with Drupal 7 and Wordpress
| 3.0, both of which are shaping up to be
| phenomenal, paradigm-shifting releases with
| tons of improvements and feature additions,
| many Joomla developers are expanding their
| horizons and portfolios.
`----

http://buytaert.net/joomla-vs-drupal-business-models-and-commercial-ecosystem

White House delivers Drupal a stimulus

,----[ Quote ]
| Drupal and its commercial arm, Acquia, got
| a big boost last year when it was announced
| the White House would be using the
| software.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=6333

The White House: open-source Drupal developer?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/04/the-white-houseopen-source-drupal-developer.ars