[News] [Rival] "...Gates do a great disservice to the hundreds of thousands of students and teachers..."

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] "...Gates do a great disservice to the hundreds of thousands of students and teachers..."
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 06:11:13 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Guest Column: Real failure of public schools is inattention

,----[ Quote ]
| In her recent book âThe Death and Life of
| the Great American School System: How
| Testing and Choice are Undermining
| Education,â Diane Ravitch makes the
| following observation regarding charters:
|
| âGiven the money and power behind charter
| schools (Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation,
| Walton Family Foundation, Eli and Edythe
| Broad Foundation, Obama
| Administration/RTT), it seems likely that
| they are here to stay. If we continue on
| the present course, with big foundations
| and the federal government investing
| heavily in opening more charter schools,
| the result is predictable. Charter schools
| in urban centers will enroll the motivated
| children of the poor, while the regular
| public schools will become schools of last
| resort for those who never applied or were
| rejected. The regular public schools will
| enroll a disproportionate share of students
| with learning disabilities and students who
| are classified as English-language
| learners; they will enroll the kids from
| the most troubled home circumstances, the
| ones with the worst attendance records and
| the lowest grades and test scores.â
|
| [...]
|
| However, not all of our schools face those
| same challenges. The public school system
| is not by any means a blanket failure. Both
| Sen. Williams and Mr. Gates do a great
| disservice to the hundreds of thousands of
| students and teachers who are successful
| and accomplishing great things in our
| public schools.
`----

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2010/05/26/opinion/doc4bfc95f312dde497893896.txt

Big Pharma gets on board with Gates Foundation

,----[ Quote ]
| Although most observers of the Gates
| Foundation highlight the organizationâs
| influence over grantees, it is clear that
| the worldâs largest philanthropy is
| exerting a strong influence over the
| pharmaceutical industry.
`----

http://seattle.bizjournals.com/seattle/blog/2010/05/pharm-anthropy.html

Be the change

,----[ Quote ]
| Should it be just one big idea, the way
| Bill and Melinda Gates foundation tackles
| malaria? (Not even a nano comparison in
| terms of funding).
`----

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Be-the-change/Article1-549860.aspx

Gates Foundation compels collaboration in drug discovery

,----[ Quote ]
| Although the British drug giant known as
| GSK was heralded by leading health
| organizations, the driving force behind the
| disclosure was the Bill & Melinda Gates
| Foundation.
`----

http://seattle.bizjournals.com/seattle/stories/2010/05/31/story3.html

GSK is working _inside_ the Gates Foundation (Head of Health). And they make bogus 'studies' for
their own patent agenda.

FAIR CEO Blasts Kaiser Foundation & Public Agenda HIV/AIDS Study Results as "Absolute Nonsense"

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://healthosp.com/archive/jalna35169467o3a/archives558936