[News] LLVM Guy Gets an IGPLAN Award, Other BSD News

  • Subject: [News] LLVM Guy Gets an IGPLAN Award, Other BSD News
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 15:58:57 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Chris Lattner gets first SIGPLAN award for LLVM work

http://lwn.net/Articles/391278/rss

Interesting FreeBSD related projects: FreeWDE, mfsBSD and easyBSD

,----[ Quote ]
| Every now and then when browsing the web and
| hopping from one link to another you sometimes
| come across some interesting little projects.
`----

http://www.freebsdnews.net/2010/06/08/interesting-freebsd-related-projects-freewde-mfsbsd/

Recent:

LLVMpipe's Geometry Processing Pipeline Kicks

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODE5Mw

LLVM 2.7 Makes Its Debut With Many Features

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week we compared LLVM and Clang against
| GCC following the release of GCC 4.5 and found
| the newer compiler infrastructure that's
| sponsored by Apple to not perform as well as
| the GNU Compiler Collection in a number of
| areas at this time, but today LLVM 2.7 is out.
| Version 2.7 of the Low-Level Virtual Machine
| brings forward many improvements to both core
| LLVM itself and the Clang compiler front-end.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODE4Nw

Benchmarking LLVM & Clang Against GCC 4.5

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=gcc_llvm_clang&num=1