[News] New Project Releases of Free Software

PostGIS integration makes OpenGeo world's first complete open source web-mapping suite.

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenGeo today unveiled version 2.0 of its
| OpenGeo Suite Enterprise Edition, the first
| geospatial web-mapping solution to offer
| unlimited support on a complete open source
| mapping stack. The Suite, which includes a
| robust geospatial development environment,
| is also the first to include PostGIS, a
| powerful spatially enabled database built on
| top of PostgreSQL, to eliminate lengthy
| implementation processes.
`----

http://opengeo.org/about/press/suite20/

NetBeans IDE 6.9 Now Available for Download!

,----[ Quote ]
| The NetBeans team is proud to announce the
| availability of NetBeans IDE 6.9!
`----

http://netbeans.org/community/news/show/1480.html

Bluecherry releases its version 2 driver (GPL)

,----[ Quote ]
| As previously mentioned we have been working
| hard over the past few months on the driver
| for version 2 of our Linux hardware
| compression card.  Since version 2 is a
| complete rewrite of our DVR software we
| naturally wanted to start with a clean
| driver, one that was written from scratch.
| So, we leveraged the Linux kernelâs API for
| Video (Video4Linux) and Audio (ALSA).  This
| effectively puts Bluecherry as the first
| company to produce a multi-input MPEG-4
| hardware compression GPL driver written
| around the Linux kernelâs API.
`----

http://www.bluecherrydvr.com/2010/06/16/bluecherry-releases-its-version-2-driver-gpl/

GPL'd Linux driver released for MPEG-4 compression

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Bluecherry-2-driver/?kc=rss

Twilio Releases OpenVBX

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source telephony service for businesses
| allows drag-and-drop call routing, text-to-
| speech, voice transcription and voicemail
| forwarding.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/Twilio-Releases-OpenVBX

CollabNet offers enhanced Subversion variant

,----[ Quote ]
| CollabNet on Thursday is introducing
| Subversion Edge, a distribution of the
| Subversion software version control system
| featuring a Web-based management interface,
| the ViewVC repository viewer, and the Apache
| Web server.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/061710-collabnet-offers-enhanced-subversion.html

RDPDesk Releases New Version of RD Connection manager

,----[ Quote ]
| A free open source Remote Desktop management
| solution licensed under the GNU General
| Public License, RD Connection manager
| simplifies the management of remote
| connections to multiple servers and
| desktops. With RD Connection manager, users
| can easily manage remote connections to
| Unix, Windows, MAC and Citrix systems, said
| company officials.
`----

http://it.tmcnet.com/topics/it/articles/89027-rdpdesk-releases-new-version-rd-connection-manager.htm

Open Source Remote Desktop Connection Manager from RDPDesk Updated; Provides Remote Admin Tool

http://www.prweb.com/releases/remote/desktop/prweb4157034.htm