[News] Fedora Power Benchmark; Fedora 11 EoL

Is Fedora Going Through More Or Less Power?

,----[ Quote ]
| Along the same theme of yesterday's article
| entitled Is PowerTop Still Useful For
| Extending Your Battery Life? today here are
| some results showing the power consumption of
| the past three Fedora releases (11, 12, and
| 13) from a notebook computer.
|
| This is just a quick, weekend test and more
| power tests from Fedora and other Linux
| distributions will be published in the
| future. Clean installations of Fedora 11,
| Fedora 12, and Fedora 13 were carried out on
| a Lenovo ThinkPad T60 notebook with an Intel
| Core Duo T2400 (1.83GHz) processor, 1GB of
| system memory, an 80GB Hitachi
| HTS541080G9SA00 SATA HDD, and ATI Radeon
| Mobility X1400 graphics. Via the Phoronix
| Test Suite we monitored the notebook's power
| consumption when running off the six-cell
| battery under different workloads.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODM3MQ

Fedora 11 End of Live Announced

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Fedora-11-End-of-Live-Announced-145513.shtml

Fedora 11 reaches end of life

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Fedora-11-reaches-end-of-life-1029599.html

Recent:

- From Fedora 11 to Ubuntu 9.10

,----[ Quote ]
| Bottom line: I don't think Ubuntu is really
| any better than Fedora. Setting up ANY Linux
| distro to navigate codecs and video/audio
| formats is a pain. But for both key distros
| (Ubuntu and Fedora), it's the sort of thing
| you mostly just do once. Call it a couple of
| hours -- but less than five minutes of
| typing. I kind of like the idea of the new
| Ubuntu One program -- free online storage
| that promises to sync across systems.
`----

http://jaslarue.blogspot.com/2009/11/from-fedora-11-to-ubuntu-910.html

Fedora 12 vs. Ubuntu 9.10 Benchmarks