[News] Fedora Linux Gets New Leader, Design Bounty Ninja

  • Subject: [News] Fedora Linux Gets New Leader, Design Bounty Ninja
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:55:45 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Jared Smith is the new Fedora Project Leader

,----[ Quote ]
| A leadership change is always momentous,
| and the Fedora Project is no exception to
| this rule.  I wanted to share some thoughts
| about being the Fedora Project Leader, tell
| the community about the person who will be
| taking over that role soon, and to let you
| know what to expect over the next few weeks
| and months.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/394188/

Introducing Fedora Project Leader Jared Smith

,----[ Quote ]
| Every Fedora release provides an
| opportunity for renewal and change. Our
| recent release of Fedora 13, which is being
| hailed by many as one of our best releases
| ever, is no exception. As we embark on
| another exciting development cycle, we also
| have the opportunity to renew the
| leadership of the Fedora Project as part of
| our commitment to change and evolution. In
| July, Jared Smith will join Red Hat as the
| new Fedora Project Leader, taking over the
| role from Paul Frields.
`----

http://press.redhat.com/2010/06/29/introducing-fedora-project-leader-jared-smith/

First Fedora Design Bounty Ninja identified!

,----[ Quote ]
| Congratulations, Jef, on a job well-done!
| By the way, Jef is a second-year industrial
| design student from the Netherlands, and
| this was his first contribution to open
| source. Also worth noting, Jef has since
| taken on two other design tickets as well
| as worked on some mockups for Design Hub,
| so he is whooping some serious behind (or
| skulking stealthily about with a Gimp
| katana or Inkscape nunchucks at the ready,
| as ninjas prefer to do)!
`----

http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/first-fedora-design-ninja-identified/

Recent:

Fedora 13 May Support Btrfs System Rollbacks

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 12 was just released this week, but
| features for Fedora 13 have been in
| planning long before this release made it
| out the door. In fact, it was last month
| that we began talking about features for
| Fedora 13. One of the features though that
| has just been proposed for Fedora 13 is
| rather interesting and that is system
| rollback support via Btrfs file-system
| snapshots.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzcyNA

Intel Linux Graphics Shine With Fedora 12

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora_12_intel&num=1