Re: [wp-testers] TinyMCE Shows up Only Partially

_____/ On Tue 06 Dec 2005 06:51:58 GMT, [Andy Skelton] wrote : \_____

On 12/6/05, Roy Schestowitz <wp-lowtraffic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  * wp-includes/js/tinymce/themes/advanced/images/code.gif

  in the above, notice the word "advanced" which vaguely resembles
  "advertisement". If you change the path to, let us say:

  wp-includes/js/tinymce/themes/pro/

The issue would be resolved altogether.

Maybe so, but this sounds very hypothetical.

I'm not excited about changing the directory structure to accommodate
an optional browser extension that is too liberal in its filtering of
page elements. Is that the default behavior of the extension? How hard
is it to fix the extension?

WP isn't broken in this situation, you have willfully broken your
browser. If you want to submit a patch for WP to accommodate you, log
into trac with your wp.org credentials and do so.

_____/ On Tue 06 Dec 2005 06:58:41 GMT, [Andy Skelton] wrote : \_____

From looking at Roy's CSS attachment, img[src*="/adv"] is probably the
selector that is causing your browser to ignore the icons.

Hi Andy,

I  am not suggesting a patch that accommodates my individual needs. I  did
not  add the img[src*="/adv"] selector myself. The Mozilla Foundation (now
Corporation?)  encourages people to use that cascading style sheet if they
wish  to block advertisements. You can expect a decent number of people to
willfully  put this extension in place. The exclusion is there by  default
and can be applied to any version of Firefox.

I  fully understand your side. That's exactly why (earlier in this  corre-
spondence)  I alluded to the fact that it would be ridiculous to bend  for
the  sake of some obscure extension. All I say is that it may cause  trou-
ble.

Cheers,