Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

Theodore Ts'o writes ("Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14"):
> More to the point, if RMS were to say something like "those people who
> promulgate proprietary software are evil", would that violate the
> guidelines?  If so, which clause?  And if not, what is different from
> saying something like "The FSF is full of bigots.... in my opinion"?

I think attacking a specific organisation is worse than attacking a
class defined by a behaviour.  But I agree that such a statement, put
so baldly, would be troublesome.

Stefano's talk clearly implied a negative view of some corporations,
certainly, and shows that it's possible to be respectful while being
passionate, critical, and clear.

Ian.