Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

On 09/03/2014 04:45 PM, Michael Stone wrote:
> he was responding to a specific question about *his own* motivations
> and expressing *his own* beliefs that lead to him to act the way that
> he does. It would be incredibly stupid and counterproductive for the
> project to invite someone to candidly engage in discussion involving
> their own motivations, then ban them because some of us don't like the
> answer.
+1

Please do not blow up an issue that arose by somebody (I don't care if
it was Linus or anybody else) expressing their personal opinion.
Publicly declaring that person as unfit to attend future events (with
the explicit attention of making it as public as possible) says more
about the source of the announcement than the person mentioned in it.

Do not do this. If you feel very strongly, feel free to email Linus
*personally* and express your own opinion in turn (feel free to use
strong language if that's your thing). But I cannot agree with any
public statement in the name of Debian. It might in fact be a reason for
me to - publicly - resign (not that I would be missed much, but I would
still prefer to remain a member of a tolerant community, even if real
life has been seriously interfering with my Debian time in the last few
years).

Rene