Re: Code of Conduct complaint about Linus's comments at DC14

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 12:29:32PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Debian should make a public statement that Linus will not be welcome
> at Debian events in future.
>
> Also, Debian owes the FSF an apology.  That apology should be at least
> as public as the offence.
>
> Feel free to make this complaint, including my identity, public.

This would just backfire spectacularly. Instead of making Linus act
more nicely, it will make Linus's message broadcast much more widely.
Already, you made Linus's statement much more widely known by spamming
debian-private about it.

I haven't watched DC videos (yet), but I just don't see how airing this
dirty laundry is would make either Debian or FSF look better.

Riku